cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

Landline number port

Go to solution

I hope someone can help, my 96year old mother changed to BT from Shell Energy on August 3rd.  The phone number not ported at same time, numerous phone calls to BT they always promise it will be right now  it never was. We finally got a date of 23/08/2022, number will be ported by then ,we are 1pm with no number port, what do I do now.

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: Landline number port

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe I think the OP changed TO BT FROM shell and as such it is BT's responsibility.

It is a bit early to consider the change hasn't taken place, there are still over 9 hours of the 23rd left for it to happen.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution

My question was my mother was changing from Shell Energy to BT , therefore it is BT's problem.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

@angel4  If the number hasn't ported by midnight, post back tomorrow.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

@licquorice 

Sorry, senior moment, I should pay more attention in this hot and humid weather down here.

@angel4  please ignore what I said, do as @licquorice  has suggested.

I will remove my confusing posts.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 19

Failed number port

Go to solution

Hi everyone my mothers number still not ported, deadline passed for 23/08/2022, any new ideas welcome  before I tackle BT giant again, it is 3weeks since transfer to Bt.  I think mistake happened in ordering my mother was assured she could keep her old number as it was an original BT number.   Ten days later she received welcome letter but also new phone number, she phoned them immediately and was assured it would be changed and she would keep old number. I think her order was put through as new installation hence new phone number . My mother has had number for over 50 years and has not moved house so this should not have happened.   All help gratefully received.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 19

Re: Failed number port

Go to solution

@angel4  I'll flag the problem to the mods. They will post on the thread.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

Failed number port

Go to solution

Hi everyone my mothers number still not ported, deadline passed for 23/08/2022, any new ideas welcome  before I tackle BT giant again, it is 3weeks since transfer to Bt.  I think mistake happened in ordering my mother was assured she could keep her old number as it was an original BT number.   Ten days later she received welcome letter but also new phone number, she phoned them immediately and was assured it would be changed and she would keep old number. I think her order was put through as new installation hence new phone number . My mother has had number for over 50 years and has not moved house so this should not have happened.   All help gratefully received.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 19

Failed number port

Go to solution

Hi everyone I have just contacted BT and they tell me the number cannot be retrieved, so she has to use number issued when she joined BT. They are offering £30 compensation off next bill, so frustrating at 96 to have to change phone number.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 19

Re: Failed number port

Go to solution

@angel4 

Wait to see what a moderator has to say. A renumber should be possible, but would require manual intervention.