cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Landline problems

Go to solution

Since yesterday my whole village is having landline problems but getting individual responses that an engineer will call on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.  

We can make and receive local calls but long-distance calls (UK) just give an engaged tone, or people phoning us just get a click and silence. Weird, huh? I can't phone my landline from my mobile and vice versa but I can make local or long-distance calls from my mobile. Broadband is fine.

I twice tried to report it but once I was (accidentally?) cut off when I suggested the BT 'Guide' try my neighbour's number. (I don't think he believed that it wasn't just me that had a problem.)

The second time the man I spoke to said he'd try to phone my landline and would phone my mobile if he didn't get through. That was 4 hours ago...

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Landline problems

Go to solution

Have you tried going to 'help' at top of page and the check your phone and see if error

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Yes, twice and both times it led to the phone calls I mentioned.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @IslandWummin it sounds like problem with the exchange. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks

Neil

Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Now we're told an engineer will call at individual houses on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday because they say 'the line either works or it doesn't' so it can't be a widespread problem.

Our local shop's PayPoint isn't working because of the fault that BT are refusing to recognise. Why can't they join the dots?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@IslandWummin Openreach will likely join the dots if enough people who are affected report the fault.

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Clearly an Exchange Equipment Fault so having an Openreach Engineer visit will be a waste of time as it’ll not be a line fault.

In the case of the Metallic Path Network Openreach only maintain from from the MDF, Main Distribution Frame to the NTE, aka the Access Network.

The Exchange Equipment, which forms part of the Core Network is maintained by BT Technology, formally known as TSO.

The only thing an Openreach Engineer maybe able to do is get your line moved onto another Concentrator, that’s if more than one exists, depends on the size of the Exchange.