cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Landline staying engaged

If someone calls my mothers landline and ends the call before she does her line stays engaged until someone can go and tell her clear the line. 

Until someone tries to call her she does not know, she has a lifeline and is if she falls they cannot contact her.

I spoke to a very helpful gentleman at BT a while ago who was helping with a fault who advised that the cordless phones have a setting on them that can stop that, unfortunately the Panasonic phones that she has we cannot find any information how to sort.

I spoke to someone at BT for the vulnerable who advised they have no information about that as we were looking at purchasing BT handsets for her but do not want to buy ones that we cannot sort this issue out, any help would be appreciated 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Landline staying engaged

So I assume your mother is not pressing the red handset button when she has finished the call? This would be the equivalent of "putting the handset back on the phone" for a corded type phone. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

That is correct, she has a brain injury so when she can hear the other person finish the call she assumes the line is clear, as I would to be honest. She did have a BT set up prior to the Panasonic set up and never had the issue.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

If the calling party clears down, the line should clear down. Not sure why it isn't, just wonder if she is pressing another button that is initiating an outgoing call.

Message 5 of 5

What model are the Panasonic phones?

0 Ratings