cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

A Cautionary FTTP Tale..

Go to solution

We have had digital voice for a while now, so when our area was FTTP enabled, i jumped at the chance. 

Come install/activation day, Openreach engineer manages mount the ONT after drilling the wrong holes initially, and splice the in/out EZ cable with minimal light loss. When he leaves, its green across the board and digital voice is working great. 

Next morning, PON is red and no phones. Call up BT Fibre team, who say Openreach will fix it in a few days, but no one turns up. Next a BT engineer pays a visit, nothing he can do, its down to Openreach to fix. He does switch the Smarthub back to FTTC, and i get VDSL back, but still no digital voice.

Early Life call me, saying voice is provisioned over FTTP, that's why it doesn't work, but Openreach (OR) will fix it by the 28th Feb at the lastest. 28th rolls round, no contact by OR and the light is still red. 

Call up BT who say in order to get the phones working again quickly, i need to cancel my FTTP order and make a new order for broadband/digital voice, which will take 24hrs. Fine, whatever it takes to get the phones working again, as my mother needs it to stay in touch with family/friends/healthcare ect. 

24 hrs later, not only do i not have working phones, our number that we have had for 37 years is now gone! When someone tried to make a new order with our original number, the system rejected it, and auto cancelled the line. 

After having a minor breakdown, was advised to order a new line, and re-number it back to the old number. Order went live within an hour. Of course, the phones still dont work, even with a new line and number, i'm told there is a fault on the line. Now we wait again for OR who im told will fix the line by the 7th March, not heard a peep from them yet, so i have zero confidence anything being fixed by the 7th. 

Now it's just a waiting game for the 8th, and i will be emailing the CEO. 

Moral of the story, save yourself the tears and heartache, and be very wary of jumping on FTTP in the short term. I would leave it for a while for OR and BT staff to be trained better and to have more experience solving issues. (most agents and techies had no clue on what to do, or even know the difference between analogue and digital voice. Got put on hold and cut off at least 3 times) 

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: A Cautionary FTTP Tale..

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

Re-Number

Go to solution

Hello, could someone help me re-number our line back to our old number please. 

Its within 30 days, last week an agent managed to lose our number, we have a new line now and need to change back to the number we have had for 37 years before it disappears for good! 

Thanks. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Re: Re-Number

Go to solution

were you moving to BT from another ISP or just getting moved to digital voice?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

No, been with BT for 37 years.. 

I think it was supposed to be a regrade, but an agent cancelled our line  and ordered a new one with our old number, which the system rejected and we lost our number. 

We have a new line now, just need our old BT number back please. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @dansus and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you lost your number during the order process. I can check if we can get that back for you. I've dropped you a private message so please reply with the details and we'll take it from there.

Cheers

David

Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

Hello, i replied yesterday to your pm with the info requested. 

What is the normal time frame one would expect a response? 

Thanks. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

@dansus 

You would normally get a response within a week, as each request is dealt with in strict order.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

Ok, i couldn't risk waiting too long. 

I have spoken to someone in the team, and they have processed the re-number for me, and i just got a confirmation email. 

Many thanks to @Keith_Beddoe  and the moderator for reaching out. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

@dansus 

Please update this thread to confirm when the renumber has actually taken place, as you may still need help from a moderator.