Message 1 of 3

Landline

I "upgraded" my broadband on 02 December 2023.

As of typing this, 23rd December 2023, I have had no landline - which, in a mobile "pot-luck" area, is both a security and health issue.  We also suffer from frequent power outages, hence the requirement of a BT landline - not the Wi-Fi enabled (power dependent) connection.

Why does a broadband upgrade warrant a landline disconnection?

So, we have currently been without an incoming or outgoing phone connection for over 21 days!

Can someone arrange for a reply and a re-connection to our landline ASAP.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Landline

@ndy2uk 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

Because there is a "stop-sell" on the old analogue phone connections, all new connections or re-grades will result in the phone connection being moved over to BT Digital Voice.

If you are registered as vulnerable on MyBT, then you should be able to ask BT for a battery backup unit to power the broadband.  Remember any existing phones can be plugged into the socket on the back of the Smart Hub 2, instead of the normal phone socket. That will restore your phone connection. No wireless connection is needed.

Its not possible to restore the original landline connection, as the network is closing down.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Landline

@ndy2ukwrote:

Why does a broadband upgrade warrant a landline disconnection?

So, we have currently been without an incoming or outgoing phone connection for over 21 days!

Were you on Digital Voice before the upgrade? check your order confirmation when the order was placed, it will mention a phone service and calling plan, along with confirmation of the move to Digital Voice if you previously had a PSTN.

If you have Digital Voice, your phone needs plugged into the back of the Smart Hub 2 to work, not the old master socket or any old extensions.

If the order confirmation has no mention of a phone service and calling plan then you have broadband only.

More info is need to give the correct support.

0 Ratings