cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Line Fault/Loss of Service

I'm posting this on behalf of my parents who are both in their mid-70s and have had a line fault/loss of service for over two weeks now.

When you try to dial their landline, it comes up as unavailable and instantly disconnects. If they try to dial out, the line is extremely garbled/full of static and robotic. They've tried different handsets, both corded and cordless and it makes no difference.

They've reported it online repeatedly and a line fault has been confirmed, yet it has not been resolved.

My father has tried to phone BT from his mobile, but is unable to get through the voice recognition menus to the point where he can speak to a human being.

Please can someone advise me how to get this fault resolved?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Line Fault/Loss of Service

did you try here  https://www.bt.com/help/report-and-track-your-bt-problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 6

@AndyFR47 

"but is unable to get through the voice recognition menus to the point where he can speak to a human being."

Has he tried saying "Speak to an Adviser", repeatedly to the voice recognition menus?

That is what I usually do with most companies - with a fair degree of success!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

@imjolly  - I believe that's how he's been reporting the issue, but I'll check.

Thanks for the suggestion @Paul608085 , I'll suggest this when I speak to them later today.

Any suggestions on what the best time of day is to try to get through by phone?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

The other way to get through to a human is just to mumble gobbledegook when responding to the automated voice questions. You may have to do this a few times but eventually you'll get put through to a human.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

I had no landline whatsoever for a month earlier this year. Every week I reported it online on the BT system

and every Friday online it said it was resolved (which was a lie), Every week I had to re-report it as a new fault. After 4 weeks for the first time ever despite giving BT my mobile for updates from day one BT sent a text saying it was mended and it was. I waited for compensation for the 30 days of zero service but nothing has appeared on my bill and I have just given up as it is now working. I have a separate second BT landline so could manage without that one for the month I suppose. I was not prepared to spend even one second telephoning BT about it.

0 Ratings