cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Lost landline number

Go to solution

Home phone including Digital Voice

Hi, I have recently cancelled my broadband and phone line with Sky as the speeds were not good enough. 

I have two phone lines  at my property, one which was the Sky line and another that is  BT line with broadband. I was told that I could transfer  the Sky landline number to the BT line but when I speak with them they say that the number isnt on the openreach network so its not possible.

I am in big trouble because my partners business uses this  number as  the main contact number! 

I have spoken with BT and Sky, both have said the number doesnt exist so can't help me.  

My Sky line is now cancelled.

If anyone has some advice I would  really  appreciate it !

Thanks 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lost landline number

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lost landline number

Go to solution

@farmerseb 

As the Sky number is ceased, the number would have returned back to Sky, so its not going to be possible to transfer it to BT. Sky have their own exchange equipment and have their own number ranges which are not compatible with BTs.

If you had been placing a new order with BT, to replace your Sky service, then sometimes it is possible to transfer the number, while the Sky service is still active, as BT would tell Sky that you want to keep your number.

This does place a responsibility on the losing provider (Sky), to make every effort to transfer your number. Based on similar posts on this forum, that process often fails.

As it is, there is nothing you can do.

I assume your partner had a Sky Business account. If they wanted a new line from BT, it would have to be a BT Business account, as a normal residential account, cannot be used to run a business.