cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 23

Re: Massive oversight by BT

Go to solution

Eh?!? Because they supply my fttp and the smart hub is a bt product is it not!?!? Unless im mistaken!

So surely they should know the capabilities of the smart hub and how it can be used as a bridge etc lol hahaha. You’re winding me up Now I’m sure.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 23

Go to solution

It cannot be used as a bridge and any solutions involve an understanding of networking which they are not expected to have.

Message 13 of 23

Go to solution

You’re pulling my leg now. Thanks to everyone who has actually helped. I know what I need to do now.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 23

Go to solution

Whatever

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 23

Go to solution

@Singled5678  BT Consumer's customer support can only help with the equipment BT sent to you and not aspects of other third party hardware:

https://www.bt.com/terms/post1stsep2020voiceandbroadband

15.  What we're not responsible for and limits on our liability

viii. You using any equipment or hardware we haven't supplied.

23. Equipment and software

We can only be responsible for equipment we give you. If you choose to use any other equipment (like a router made or supplied by anyone else), you must make sure it's compatible with that service

Message 16 of 23

Go to solution

Consider this. If I bought a tv and needed help with the equipment on how to use it.. would I go contacting the electric company, or the people who make it lol 😂 

were you the woman at bt I spoke with who had the bad attitude earlier 🤦🏻‍♂️

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 23

Go to solution

Correct section 23 is exactly that! Lol.

My question was how do  I use the smart hub and set it up to work with my router to use THEIR digital voice service 😂😂

nobody had a clue.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 23

Go to solution

@Singled5678 as stated before to use BT digital voice you need to use the BT Smart Hub 2. That's the only support BT customer services will go up to.

As the workarounds the community of BT customers have found you still need to use the BT Smart Hub 2 as primary router but as I'm sure you are aware with you working in a Telco that you can create a separate network (but does mean double natting) by connecting another router with using dynamic or static IP address connection type to BT smart hub 2.

BT smart hub 2 --> LAN  (using one of the Ethernet ports on back) --> WAN of third party router.

Message 19 of 23

Go to solution

You are entirely missing the point or being deliberately obtuse.

The ONLY advice they could give you is that you are required to use the SH2 for Digital Voice. There is no configuration required other than simply connecting it to the ONT.

Setting it up in conjunction with a third party device is beyond their remit

Message 20 of 23

Go to solution

@Singled5678 

To also note this forum is a customer to customers self help forum where other customers can give advice and help to eachother on using their BT Consumer services and products.

All of us here are only BT Customers. The only BT employees are the mods (who have the mod badge next to their username) or BT experts who again will have a BT employee badge next to their username.

0 Ratings