cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 25

Eero 5 BT Hub and Digital Voice!

Hi so before I begin I am completely non technical!!  I've set up our BT Hub wifi and my son is constantly complaining about his signal when gaming upstairs using a cheap (£40) wifi booster. We recently moved to the house and it has thick stone walls which I think is the problem.  On the advice of someone I purchased eero 5 (2) and been trying to get them working - following the app but if I've understood correctly I actually need to login to the BT hub and disable wifi to get them to work.  If I do succeed to do this my next question is how will my digital voice phoneline work - will I be able to also connect this to the first eero?  Sorry if it's a stupid question but I don't really know where to begin with the instructions on the eero app not working!

Thanks very much

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25

Re: Eero 5 BT Hub and Digital Voice!

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 25

@cmt07 

The BT phones do not use Wi-Fi, they use DECT, so you can turn Wi-Fi off.

Message 4 of 25

Great thanks for that - you can see how non technical I am!!!  I'm scared of trying to connect eeros but son fed up with lack of wifi upstairs!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 25

Wireless mesh systems are not always the best solution, there are much cheaper options that are just as effective and simpler to implement in most cases.

Message 6 of 25

Message 7 of 25

Thanks have you used these?  

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 25

Yes, I have 3 of the 4220 devices spread around the house. They are fast enough for my requirements as I only have FTTC broadband and don't need high speeds within my LAN. You might want to look at the faster options.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 25

No configuration needed with those, and you can leave the home hub Wi-Fi on as well to give coverage in that area. It depends on how many parts of the house you get no coverage.

They are an option if you cannot get the Euro 5 to work, and can return it.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 25

Thanks - our house is old well 1970's and walls are thick and house is large ish - no idea what broadband I have - not as fast as we had in our old house. For me I find it fine, it is literally my son who struggles on his xbox upstairs in furthest room away from wifi.
0 Ratings