cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

My elderly friend can not make out going calls but can receive them?

Hi

I'm really hoping someone can help us, my dear elderly friend used to have a normal BT land line, BT switched her to a new line as they said they are switching everyone to this ..I'm assuming digital however she can now not make calls, she can receive them but cannot call out. She has been In contact with BT who said the line is working fine with no issues,  a engineer has been out and said all is fine with the line but  still she cannot make calls out, she is 85 years old and needs to be able to call me or family members, it's absolutely ridiculous. Could someone please shed some light as to why this is happening, BT have been useless in trying to help her. We plugged the phone in different sockets but still have no luck... 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: My elderly friend can not make out going calls but can receive them?

The phone needs to be plugged into the green socket at the rear of the broadband hub. It might be covered with a sticker.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

See the following link and sub links for information about Digital Voice.

Digital Voice | Digital Home Phone | BT

If she want to plug her phone into a phone socket instead of the BT Smarthub she will need to obtain a Digital Voice adaptor from BT. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Thank you so much I will go round first thing tomorrow and try. Would it be more beneficial if she had new phones, hers are a few years old. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Not really, unless she wants to.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Something to be aware of , if  on digital voice , the full national number needs to dialled , even if it’s a ‘local’ call , so ( for arguments sake ) if previously they could dial a neighbour on 665544 , ( and the STD code the area  for the area is 01325 )  ,  they now would have to dial 01325 665544 , much like if the call were made on a mobile .