cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

NETGEAR Orbi RBK763 Tri-Band WiFi 6 Mesh System

Hi. I’m hoping someone can help.

I’ve recently purchased the NETGEAR Orbi RBK763 Tri-Band WiFi 6 Mesh System and I’ve managed to set it all up via my Openreach box on the wall.

However, in order to get my landline telephone to work, it still needs to be connected to the home hub. Is there a way around this?

I did spot a telephone slot on the Openreach box on the wall but when I plug it in the phone doesn’t work.

Any help/ideas would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Mike 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: NETGEAR Orbi RBK763 Tri-Band WiFi 6 Mesh System

Afraid you will need to use the BT Smart Hub 2 as the primary router for BT Digital Voice to work. The phone port on the Openreach ONT is now redundant as it was for a legacy phone service that Openreach no longer offer 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Ok, I thought as much. Maybe I can connect it as a bridge instead and turn the Wi-Fi off? I suppose the other option is doing away with the landline altogether. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

No, it doesn't have a bridge mode and if it did there wouldn't be access to the IP layer and hence Digital Voice

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

What would you suggest then?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

You have 3 options.

1. Connect the hub to the ONT and then connect the Orbi LAN to LAN using it as a wireless access point.

2. Connect the hub to the ONT and then connect the Orbi LAN to WAN and accept the double natting.

3. Follow the extremely convoluted method described here  https://forum.openwrt.org/t/bt-digital-voice-and-3rd-party-routers/142125