cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Non BT sect phones

I ‘ve had full fibre and digital voice for better part of a year with no issues. We were also transferred to FV as part of the package and got two of the BT DV phones as part of the deal. 

The DV you hones aren’t good and the batteries appear to have given up the ghost already. Now I could just replace the rechargeable batteries but I would consider replacing the handsets with better quality Dect ones such as Panasonic ones for instance. 

Has anyone any experience of pairing non-BT phones to the SH2 and how well do it work

thanks in advance

Wilf

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Non BT sect phones

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

You can either pair the Panasonic phones directly to the hub or you can simply plug the Panasonic base station into the green socket at the rear of the hub and pair the handsets to the base station.

I can confirm the latter works just fine, haven't tried pairing directly to the hub.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@WilfH 

You are unlikely to get satisfactory results as the phone numbers are stored on the home hub and are unlikely to copy onto another phone.

A far better idea is to buy a new set of phones with their own base station, and plug the base unit into the socket on the back of the Smart Hub 2.

The numbers will then stay with the base unit and would not be lost if you have to factory reset the home hub.

The other advantage is that you can buy call blocking phones like the BT4600, and get total peace from scam callers.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Thanks Keith. 

To be honest the phone book side doesn’t really bother me as we very rarely use the landline for outgoing calls and where possible encourage people to call our mobiles.   All I really want is for it to accept incoming calls. I was all for ditching it when we got FTTP but was over-ruled by ‘the management’. 

0 Ratings