cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 69

Not able to receive all incoming calls

Go to solution

I have been switched to Digital Voice. I asked family members to phone to confirm my line is working. Not all of them were able to get through, either experiencing a continuous beeping or number not recognised. I contacted BT, they were able to phone my home phone, but nobody else could. So the engineer did a soft boot then I did a factory reset checked my phone was registered on the system. The engineer was the only one able to phone the home phone. They sent me a new DV phone, outcome still the same. Now I get the run around, they don't know what to do next, they consider the fault fixed. Far from it. I have checked my phone is registered http//192.168.1.254 all good. Now I feel BT has just deserted me.

0 Ratings
68 REPLIES 68
Message 2 of 69

Re: Not able to receive all incoming calls

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 69

Go to solution

Hello Alf,

If your DV is actually activated and the BT engineer is the only Caller able to ring you, sounds like it's because with DV, your callers have omitted to dial the Area code. You cud ask them to include the Area Code when trying to get in touch with you and see if that solves the issue. 

Message 4 of 69

Go to solution

Are the people who are having problems using landlines or mobiles or both. If landlines then they now need to use full dialing code as short code will no longer work

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 69

Go to solution

Thank-you for your reply.  Including the area code was the first thing I asked them to check. In fact I got them all to re-enter my number using the keypad rather than the contacts entry. No joy.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 69

Go to solution

You didn't say whether both landline and mobile.

Do you get a normal dial tone when you make a call?  Have you checked you don't have any voicemail?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 69

Go to solution

Both landline and mobiles

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 69

Go to solution

I have no voicemails and no calls that are registered but did not ring. I have a dialling tone and have made an out going call.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 69

Go to solution

Anything unusual about your number , or your number history , like it’s a number originally from another licensed operator  that you ported into BT at some point , or it’s a BT number you ported away from BT , and have only recently returned to BT and have attempted to bring the number back with you into BT ?

Number ports when they go wrong can leave consumers with successful  incoming calls from some networks and unsuccessful incoming calls from others, DV can add another level of complexity.

Probably something you have already checked , but if you make an outgoing call , is your  CLI ( number presentation ) to whoever you made the call to, showing the ‘correct’ number , you could easily check this by calling your own mobile from your DV ‘line’ , and checking the number shown on the mobile is correct.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 69

Go to solution

I have made a call, my number comes up on the recipients mobile and connects. I then get them to phone me and they get  number is not recognised. No connection. To make this all even more confusing my wife and I both have mobile phones on a contract with BT, and they are both able to connect to my digital voice home phone. Other family members still cannot connect whether using mobiles or landline.