cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Not sure what Hub i already have for Dig Voice.

Go to solution

I have received numerous notifications that I will be on Digital Voice on the 27th March ie  in four days.  I have been told that I have a smart hub 1 and that I will be receiving a Hub 2.  I have been sent a new DV home phone for free which is nice but so far no sign of the promised Hub2     However I have just had a look at the existing router which seems to be a Hub 2 but I was expecting that I could plug my existing phones into it but the green socket under the Digital Voice sticker is different to that on my existing cordless phone.  Any suggestions ?   Thanks

IMG_0696.jpg

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Not sure what Hub i already have for Dig Voice.

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

How are you plugging the phone in currently if it doesn't have a BT plug on the end? 🤔

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

If you already plug your phone into a BT phone socket it will fit into the green phone socket on the Smarthub 2 that you have.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

@Dorsetyahoo  You have the correct hub, however if you have a DV phone they link by Bluetooth to the hub once the DV phone number is activated so you don't need to plug it into the hub.

However if you want to plug an  existing phone into the hub the socket in the hub is exactly the same as the one that the phone will currently be plugged into in the BT socket, main or extension.

Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks everyone I was a little confused over being told that I had a hub 1 whereas I already have a hub 2. All OK now
Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

@Bob1001 wrote:

@Dorsetyahoo  You have the correct hub, however if you have a DV phone they link by Bluetooth to the hub once the DV phone number is activated so you don't need to plug it into the hub.

DECT, not Bluetooth. Might look pedantic but the OP was looking for clarification.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

@pottyperson    @Dorsetyahoo   Oops you are right of course it is DECT and not even standard DECT although other DECT phones can link to the Smarthub 2.

No excuse for getting it wrong I was answering a bluetooth question elsewhere.