cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Number not transferred over.

Hi there,   When I moved from previous provider I was advised I could keep my number. I finally had everything installed 24th December 2022. I failed to notice that my number had changed and was wondering why no phone calls from friends etc but thought I had just missed them. Checked out phone today to find new number and it is local to Shetland . I live in Midlothian and had Midlothian number. Really keen to have my old local number back as all of my contacts have these details.  can you help?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Number not transferred over.

@Galluscat 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

Are you a BT Retail customer?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

@Galluscat Welcome back to the community, I can see you were posting previously about compensation for the delay connecting your services.

I'm sorry to see your number has changed. Are you now on a digital voice line and did your previous number stop over 30 days ago? If the number you had was on the analogue telephone network and has been stopped for over 30 days we'll not be able to get that back, sorry. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Hi there, no the original phone line has not terminated yet although I have requested the line be cancelled. My understanding was that when my BT line started this would take the number over as this is what was advised. I have asked ITalk that to suspend my account until the date of termination from their side. Italk have had some discussion with BT over this in the past when the line was not in place and Bt asked for transfer to be cancelled. I was not party to this discussion and only learnt about it a week ago.   Just want my original phone number back.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@Galluscat I'm sorry it sounds like your order had to be replaced at some point and they didn't include the number port request on that. I can't make any promises just yet but we can try to get the number moved over when it stops with your previous provider. 

I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings