cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

SH2 DV Gigaset CNIP Unavailable

I have been trying some Gigaset phones for the elderly connected to my SH2. Excellent audio quality with sound profiles, big buttons and clear notifications. However there is one annoyance, the caller id shows perfectly from my contacts but underneath that it always shows Unavailable. If you view the call detail it shows Add Info (CNIP): Unavailable.

I sent a question to Gigaset and received this reply:

"Your network provider (BT) supports CLIP, CLI and CNIP. We highly suggest to contact them for your problem to be solved." 

1st question, does the Smart Hub 2 DV support CNIP?

2nd question, what is CNIP. Following the usual Google searches I am none the wiser.

Either way, the phone always displays Unavailable and Gigaset blame BT. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: SH2 DV Gigaset CNIP Unavailable

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

From a Gigaset manual it appears to be an enhancement that displays the caller's town. I have no idea if DV supports that. The manual seems to imply it can be manually added to the contact info on the Gigaset, in place of picking it up from the call. Maybe try that.

rbz5416_0-1677008191289.png

Message 4 of 5

Hi @rbz5416 

Unavailable now makes sense as I have been testing with my mobile phone!

Unfortunately I have now lost my test phones, so I cannot see what happens if a landline number calls with an area code.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

From what I found on the internet, CLIP (Calling Line Identification Presentation (CLIP)) appears to be the same as CLID 

https://www.nfon.com/en/get-started/cloud-telephony/lexicon/knowledge-base-detail/clip

0 Ratings