cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Old Phone Line Removal

Go to solution

I have had Full fibre installed and now the phones are connected to the hub, does that mean that any old phone sockets and cables around the house are surplus to requirements and can be removed when I next decorate?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Old Phone Line Removal

Go to solution

as all the wiring and extension sockets apart from master are homeowners then it is up to you whether you leave or remove

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

I am aware that I own them apart from the master socket.

The question if anyone can answer was are they now defunct, surplus to requirements, do I need them now or are they now just ornaments?

The engineer moved the master socket and I had my old phone plugged into the old master socket which was still working for a day, then it stopped and I plugged it into the hub, I did not want to use the digital phones I wanted to keep my old BT guardian phones. I have not had an unwanted call for over 4 years now so there is no way I am using any other phone until they bring out a digital guardian phone. I am assuming with the old phone stopping working that the old master socket and all the other sockets and cables around the house are no longer required?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
@pirots. The old extension network could be useful if you can connect it to the phone socket on rear of Smarthub.
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks for that.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

You don't 'NEED' them but only you know whether you 'WANT' them or not, they can be utilised for corded analogue phones to connect to the Smart Hub2 rather than using either the supplied Digital handsets or existing cordless DECT systems.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@pirots 

This explains how to enable existing sockets.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Correct-way-to-enable-all-BT-sockets-after-...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings