cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 27

Re: Only wanted to stop 700 min landline, 5 hrs later!

Go to solution

As I stated in my original posts, I do not want any form of landline and so will have to start  another 24 month contract to completely remove it.
Sat patiently waiting for a call as promised from 3rd BT agent who will hopefully negotiate a fair priced contract.

watch this space, or not!

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 27

Go to solution

you may wait long enough but should there be no call then try retentions team and see what you can negotiate 08007831401

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 13 of 27

Go to solution

@Cassie wrote:

As I stated in my original posts, I do not want any form of landline and so will have to start  another 24 month contract to completely remove it.

Have you considered the potential implications of not being able to receive calls? Could your 'only' 43 minutes of calls in a month have included something important from someone without your mobile number? Have all your contacts got your mobile number? Would your contacts without mobiles want the expense of calling yours from their landline?

Hopefully you have, but posts elsewhere suggest that not everyone thinks about incoming calls when aiming to cancel their home phone.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Message 14 of 27

Go to solution

I'm out of contract.  BT won't let me cancel the 700 minutes unless I start a new contract. 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 27

Go to solution

You can't 'cancel' the 700 minutes but you can move to PAYG without initiating a new contract.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 27

Go to solution

All sorted, rang at 2pm, just as I was about to give up and ring retentions as suggested earlier.

didn’t realise it was a complete swap to EE and so  given new router, new tv box [return old one )

slight upgrade on entertainment package.

all approved and signed over internet,  and set up new account password with EE to check bills etc.

Chose a date to start broadband with EE and therefore switching off landline.

never though about my bt e-mails but seem to be the same., just through bt.mail

Just need to sort out flaming Tado heating now, can hear cursing 🤬 from OH!

Isn’t  technology wonderful, when it works that is.

Lots of contributions and replies on this topic, hope it has helped.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 27

Go to solution

@Cassiewrote:

Just need to sort out flaming Tado heating now, can hear cursing 🤬 from OH!

If you change the SSID & password on the new router to match the old, everything should carry on as before.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 27

Go to solution

That's not what I was told by BT. They wouldn't change anything without me taking out another contract.

They also wouldn't supply the gadgets for making my phones work with Digital Voice that were mentioned in all the mailings. I can't plug them into the router as that's in the study at the front of the house where the phone line comes in and has my pc connected by ethernet cable. My phones are in the living room at the back of the house and in the bedroom.  They said I'd have to buy and fit the gadgets myself, but I hardly ever use the landline now so they've left my phoneline as it is (not switched to Digital Voice) and it will stop working altogether when they switch it off. 

Also I can't change to PAYG on MyBT as that only lets you upgrade, there's no way of downgrading the service.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 27

Go to solution

@sandy88wrote:

That's not what I was told by BT...

Without a tag or a quote, no one knows who you're replying about what. It's an unfortunate failing of this forum software that every post has a reply button that misleads you into thinking you're replying to that specific post. In reality you're just adding on the end of the thread.

Message 20 of 27

Go to solution

@sandy88 wrote:

That's not what I was told by BT. They wouldn't change anything without me taking out another contract. They also wouldn't supply the gadgets for making my phones work with Digital Voice that were mentioned in all the mailings unless I paid extra for them, so they've left my phoneline as it is and it will stop working altogether when they switch it off.

I assume you are replying to my post.

There is no need to contact BT at all, you can change from 700 minutes to PAYG yourself in MyBT.

0 Ratings