cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 27

Re: Only wanted to stop 700 min landline, 5 hrs later!

Go to solution
@sandy88 wrote:
That's not what I was told by BT. They wouldn't change anything without me taking out another contract. They also wouldn't supply the gadgets for making my phones work with Digital Voice that were mentioned in all the mailings unless I paid extra for them, so they've left my phoneline as it is and it will stop working altogether when they switch it off.

I assume you are replying to my post.

There is no need to contact BT at all, you can change from 700 minutes to PAYG yourself in MyBT.

Please show me where I can change it in MyBT as I can't find anywhere that lets me downgrade any services. There is no option shown to change to PAYG. If I click on the call package section it just tries to sell me some phones and tells me it will be a new order which no longer qualifies for complete wi-fi so I'll have to return my wi-fi discs.
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 27

Go to solution

I currently have unlimited minutes but can change to PAYG  if required. Go to your products > (in my case Digital voice, but suspect there is a similar option for analogue voice)

callingplan.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 27

Go to solution
licquorice
Distinguished Sage licquorice
Distinguished Sage
on ‎25-02-2024 16h52

Message 22 of 22
I currently have unlimited minutes but can change to PAYG if required. Go to your products > (in my case Digital voice, but suspect there is a similar option for analogue voice)

I don't get anything like that coming up. I only get a page full of phones to buy. Sorry I can't work out how to add the screenshot to this post
0 Ratings
Message 24 of 27

Go to solution

To quote a post, click on the 3 dots in the left hand bottom corner of the tool bar to expand it and then use the quotation marks (top row third from right) to quote. You can post a screenshot using the camera icon.

Are you using the webpage or the mobile app to access MyBT? Use the webpage.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 27

Go to solution

You are not going to believe this!

after downloading and printing out new contract/direct debit details, then creating EE I.d., then not being able to sign in with it to check when new equipment would be delivered .

decided to give EE a ring, that ended up as an hours chat and everything being turned  around.

no free Netflix, no new router, no free mini boxes, apparently none of this  equipment was necessary for our needs and had been misquoted on price/discount.

bottom line is, staying with BT for now, losing landline as planned  and contract price same as before just minus landline charge. Times are hard  apparently so no discounts to haggle I’m afraid.

Can’t believe I’ve lost a weekend on this.

Eventually I will have to change over but no need to do that for quite a while.

I felt really sorry for EE advisor sorting it all out, for me faffing about for hours and you lot for having to read all about it!

definitely deserve a large G&T after that debacle.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 27

Go to solution

hi @sandy88  reply to message 21.   The confusion here stems from the rubbish pages in MyBT.

You are correct, there is no downgrade button.  You have to press the  UPGRADE  button to progress any change.

Do not be alarmed by the "Progress your order"  process, there are cancel buttons if you scroll down.

MyBT _ Your products _ Landline _ Manage _ "Your Landline" _ Upgrade  _ "Progressing your order" _ continue

"Checking your details"  _  Calling plan add ons, page.    Hopefully you should see a PAYG option button.

The Moderators have flagged up the bad state of the above page, but nothing gets sorted.

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 27

Go to solution

A quick clarification - If you tried to cancel your Digital Voice service completely as part of a move to an FTTP deal without DV but were denied by the agent because the system didn't allow it then you should be able to cancel the DV service for free if you phone them after the new contract has commenced.

This happened to me, although had to get the Mods here involved because although I was assured when I placed the FTTP order, the agent I spoke to after the order completed wasn't aware of the system restrictions.

0 Ratings