cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

PHISHING SCAM CALLS

Go to solution

I fully appreciate that Phishing Scam calls are the bane of everyone's life, but it has come to the point, that after taking all the published steps, it seems that it would be better to cancel the phone element of this BT contract to avoid unsolicited phishing scam calls. The answerphone solution only results in a continuous beeping.

What would be useful would be to screen out all telephone numbers that are only positively screened to be  accepted.  Everything yes everything else goes to junk mail and never ever gets reviewed.

BT  EE reception is poor her, even the Open Reach guy could not contact his office

Is there a system that provides this?

Frankly I do see why I should pay BT for this harassment ?

Any other sensible suggestions?

Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: PHISHING SCAM CALLS

Go to solution

BT have got no control over scammers dialling number at random so having a rant about them won't get you anywhere. You want to get yourself a phone with call guardian which will only allow numbers in your address book through & direct all others to announce who they are first

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

You don't pay BT for the harassment, you pay BT for a phone service which unfortunately they have no control over who calls you.

BT supply a Call Protect Service which you can use to screen out certain types of calls that YOU decide you do not want to receive.

See link

BT Call Protect - 'How to...' guide | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you for your reply.

As I indicated in the first instance, I have already done BT call protect, it is not very effective.

So unfortunately for BT,  it needs to introduce a FREE service to block all numbers except for the ones that I positively allow, whether BT likes it or not.

My alternative might be to discard the telephony element of the service perhaps.

It is extremely simple I do not want to be harassed by "Martin energy solutions nor someone from Nigeria or the Far East."

BT is the service provider and gatekeeper, due to the evolution of "society" it needs to consider the welfare of its customers, and after chatting to BT this evening assist in safeguarding its customers financial well being.

Looks like another phone call to the BT Chairman to progress as in 2016 over Broadband speeds or rather lack of against contracted performance.

Thanks  

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

What you need is a whitelisting phone rather than trying to blacklist an infinite amount of numbers.

BT call guardian phones provide such a facility. White listed numbers go straight through, unknown callers have to announce themselves giving you the choice to answer or not. Fake calls invariably don't announce themselves.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks will investigate.
0 Ratings