cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

People on sky not being able to phone me

when I moved from Sky to BT for phone/broadband/TV, my family & friends, who are with Sky, can not get through when calling my BT landline from their Sky landline, they get a 'This number does not exist' message.

I am able to ring ring their number and get through, other non-Sky callers get through both landline & mobile.

I have reported it, phone & line test & checks have been carried out by myself, online, via call centre staff and an Openreach engineer has visited my property.

Because he successfully tested my line as working the fault tracking went to 'fixed status' and I have been away on holiday since then but my friends & familly are still having the same problem.

I have now contacted Sky who are aware of the problem but are unable to fix it because it is not in their ownership!

The problem is when I migrated from Sky to BT the number was blocked (They don't know why) hence existing Sky users get 'this number does not exist'.

Sky told me to request BTs Networking Team to fix it. Apparently it invloves amending a couple of settings, but Sky can not do this as I am now with BT!

Please can anyone in BT take ownership of this problem and fix it.

NOTE: I do not want to contact the BT Call Centre again as they don't have the technical understanding of my problem.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: People on sky not being able to phone me

Hi @Krunchy welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry there's a problem with Sky numbers calling you after moving to BT. It sounds like a number port fault and we'll be happy to help you with this, I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings