cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: Phone Line Issues

@MisstickMeg i assume it's you thats posted this on money saving expert as well.

A correction to your post, openreach & BT are 2 separate arms so BT should not be compensating everyone as it was an openreach cable fault not a BT one, those with other providers should be contacting their own supplier

Message 12 of 16

Nit picking, I think.
If I recall correctly Open Reach is a wholly owned subsidiary of BT.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

Not nit picking at all. Would you expect compensation from B&Q for a Screwfix problem? Exactly the same relationship, both part of the Kingfisher group.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

@garybs29 

Perhaps you've misunderstood my point about automatic compensation? The ofcom website says it's automatic, you don't need to contact your provider.

Of course, it's not automatic. But it's supposed to be.

As for the artificial separation of Openreach and BT - the network assets are owned by BT and Openreach is also owned by BT.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

quoi? I buy the service from BT. My relationship is with BT. BT has a relationship with itself in openreach
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

How could BT compensate a Sky customer ?, how could BT process any payment if compensation were due , how could BT know when a Sky customer reported an issue with their Sky service and when it were restored ?, BT doesn’t have any ‘special’ relationship with OR , that they can ask how much time  a Sky customer was out if service, that’s assuming the Sky customer reported their issue to Sky and Sky subsequently notified OR of the outage ( it doesn’t follow that these are done at the same time )  ….it’s not nitpicking to point out that Openreach operationally a separate division from BT , and that BT and OR have no closer relationship than ( for example) OR and Sky ..the fact that they are part of the same group is irrelevant, that in part is what OFCOM regulates