cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Phone line nightmare!!

Hi

Looking for a bit of advice..We have just changed over from Talktalk back to BT..After giving us a temporary number..not sure why??we have managed to get our old phone number back..This is when the problems have started..Internet is up and running fine..you can call out on the line...you can ring in only on a mobile..we can't receive landline calls?..We have been sent round the block by customer services..after reading on here we are convinced its an exchange line card problem at the exchange which is just down the road...how are you supposed to get an engineer to check this when all we keep getting is we will give you an update tomorrow??..Update what...we have told you what the problem is 100 times...please come and check the exchange!!!..we had same prob before when we switched from bt to talk talk..any advice welcome!..cheers

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Phone line nightmare!!

were you moved to digital voice or still using the same connection wall socket for phone?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Also sounds like a number portability problem 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi @Goodmart22.,

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your landline services.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks 

MandyF

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Yeah I think we've moved to this digital voice thing..no one can ring in in a landline...mobiles can?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

What landline providers cannot contact you ?, if mobiles are OK , is it all of them , Vodafone, EE ,O2 being the major ones .
If your phone is now connected to the broadband router , then it’s not a line card problem , that would affect every type of call including calls from mobile networks , but DV doesn’t use ‘line cards’,

As already stated , it could be number portability if the number were previously a TT number , or a BT number that was ported in the past to TT from BT , or could be something to do with now being on DV.
You could try asking people who cannot get through calling your landline ( but presumably contact you using an alternative method ) confirming what networks are calling from, Sky and Talk Talk run their own networks , so not all ‘landline’ calls made to your number originate from BT’s network , this was true even before DV

0 Ratings