cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Phone line repair

Hi, my mother's phone line has been down now for 3 days. This has also affected her lifeline and being disabled this is crucial if she has a fall. The repair date I have been given is the 2nd September, is there anyway I can speed this up. The lifeline is crucial to her safety

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Phone line repair

@Mden36 

Unfortunately, Openreach who do the repairs, are on strike on the 30th and 31st August, so nothing is going to happen on those days, which is going to cause delays, so the date you have been given, is likely to be the earliest.

This may help for future issues https://www.bt.com/help/landline/getting-set-up/help-people-with-impairments-or-with-particular-need...

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

has your mother registered here

https://www.bt.com/content/dam/bt/help/including-you/BT_Free_Priority_Fault_Repair_Scheme.pdf

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 6

I don't know how fully the strikes are being supported, so there's a chance it could happen sooner.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hi @Mden36

Welcome to the BT Community and thank you for your post!

I am sorry that your Mother's service has developed a fault.  I understand how important it is that she has a working service.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi

No she hasn't, I'll have a look at that for the future

Thanks

0 Ratings