cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Phones either make calls or takes calls but not both on digital voice.

My BT Easicom 1000 will now only make calls after digital voice change over , but not receive them, whereas another phone will accept  incoming calls but cannot make them. If 99% of phones are compatible with digital voice, why do I seem to have two phones which no longer work satisfactorily.  How can I get them to both  accept calls and make calls? 

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Phones either make calls or takes calls but not both on digital voice.

@Speckotts29 

Welcome back to this user forum for BT Residential phone and broadband customers.

Where is your Easicom phone plugged in, the home hub, or a digital voice adapter?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

if you can make/receive calls albeit on different phones that suggests DV connection is working and it is a problem with phone or how they are connected

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

As stated , how are where are these different phones connected ? , are you using them identically, for example, are you plugging the Easicom into the router phone port , and you can make calls but not receive them,  you then remove the Easicom from the router  phone port , plug a different phone into the router and it won’t make calls but can receive them , if that’s not the case ( and I doubt it is ) you will need to provide more clarity no what’s connected where .

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

That is correct, try one and then take that out of router and then try the other. As they have disconnected the phone line, except for broadband line I can only use the router to plug one phone in at a time
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Phones were both working before changeover
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Into home hub
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Make sure the phone that can’t makes calls is set to DTMF ( tone ) signaling and not LD , and that the phone that doesn’t ‘ring’ has the bell switched on ….
Try the phone that doesn’t ‘ring’ on incoming by making a call to the DV number ( from a mobile ) and even though it’s not ‘ringing’ answer anyway , does the call connect ?
Some non ringing phones can be made to ring by connecting them with an ADSL filter , although that’s usually ones that don’t ring when using the DV adapter ….its worth a try though .
TBH , the fact that incoming and outgoing are possible separately means the DV service and the hub are OK , presumably it’s your equipment that’s the problem

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

No ability to set phone to DTMF. Second phone the easicom has 9 ring tones, one selected which works when pressed but obviously not when a call made to it from mobile, as it’s the mobile which may get one ring and then just goes to beep beep.. Both used with or without ADSL filter to hub.. I would need to buy a DV adaptor which I assume is the adaptor you use for an extension phone?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Only DTMF works now, pulse dialling is not supported, so that phone cannot be used.

0 Ratings