cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Porting FTTP Digital Voice number out - not in contract

I realise this question has been asked so many times before with varied answers and depends on how back-end systems are configured to handle the situation, but does anybody have any *recent* experience on porting a Digital Voice number out to different voip provider like A&A? I'm on FTTP, not on a contract.

Will it cause a termination of FTTP or will it continue as broadband only? I know I can call and ask them not to terminate if it does but it just adds to the possibly of things going wrong... I don't want to be paying for a new connection again or risk losing the number.

Like many others, I just want to use my own configurable router and I am aware I can just change provider or chain the routers, but I'm hoping there is a better option.

Thanks!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Porting FTTP Digital Voice number out - not in contract

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Porting FTTP Digital Voice number out - not in contract

if you currently have a broadband and phone contract albeit on rolling monthly if fixed term ended then you can move to broadband only.  if you port your number to a VOIP provider that will immediately end your broadband and phone contract.  you would then need to start a new broadband only contract if you wanted to continue FTTP with BT

BT currently don't seem to have a facility in place to allow you to port phone number to VOIP provider without causing termination of broadband and phone contract

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings