cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 22

Re: Post Full Fibre Switching to SIP

Go to solution

Same request here - I have BT FTTP and DV - wanted Wifi 6 and mesh so got myself a third party mesh system. Got it, it works fantastic. I tried to us the SH2 as a gateway, and my WIFI mesh router as a wifi access point to get the Digital voice phone working and it KIND of worked - the phone worked, but I noticed a reduction in performance and several items around the house just didnt work and the mesh system didnt work in this mode, and the routers management app couldnt be accessed, likewise the BT SH2 admin was unavailable unless directly connected via cable. Also did not like the idea of this solution - seems unnecessarily complex.

Took the SH2 out of the system and as I said, it works great. But my house phone number I've had for decades. It's true, I never ever make outgoing calls on it, but very rarely I do get incoming calls - so was looking to transfer the BT phone number to SIP / VOIP or some kind of app so I can monitor at least incoming calls on that number. Very glad I found this thread particularly the part about porting the number to VOIP results in cancelling the broadband! Good job I didn't do it.

Hope there is some kind of solution. I have thought of temporarily connecting the SH2 and setting up call divert to my mobile BUT it costs money to receive the incoming calls? (Mobiles are EE though..) Wouldn't want all the spam calls coming to my mobile directly either...

I'd be happy to have some way to monitor voicemails left on my home number as and when I choose (which is all I used the DV home phone for anyway).

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 22

Re: Post Full Fibre Switching to SIP

Go to solution

@Gedsmith 

I've got Digital Voice but don't use the SH2.

I've set my voicemail to answer immediately and I call my landline and use *nnnn as my code to access the voicemail system. You get messages this way but not the number called but you can get those using the MyBT app.

I'm set up as PAYG btw.

As for using the SH2 feeding your mesh system , I can't see why if it's all set up properly that there should be any issues. When I was using the SH2 I fed that into my Asus and all the SH2 was doing was providing me with DV with the Asus servicing everything else.

0 Ratings