cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 22

Re: Post Full Fibre Switching to SIP

Go to solution

@Michael_Taylor That's an interesting question, I've raised this with the digital voice team for clarification.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 22

Go to solution

Hey @Michael_Taylor,

We're waiting on word back from the team about this one for you.

It may take until Monday or Tuesday but we will keep you updated as soon as we can give you an official answer.

Thanks
DanielS 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 22

Go to solution

Watching this thread, as I'd want to do the same; move to a SIP / Standards based VOIP provider that can be connected to from any equipment, not just the "Smart Hub 2".

There is another option to use the "Call Divert" feature and just forward to the other VOIP incoming number, but this will incur call costs on BT for all incoming calls forwarded.

The page on BT website states "Calls diverted to a BT mobile, BT Landlines or BT Digital Voice services are all free". As BT mobile is no longer available to order, and just takes you to EE, will it cover EE? 

If so, I could put an EE payg sim into sim slot 2 and divert to that? Anybody tried / confirm it's free to divert to EE?

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 22

Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your patience while I found the answer for you.

If you port your Digital Voice number to an SIP VOIP provider, then this will in fact place a cease against your broadband service with us.  My advice would be to contact our Value team and they can discuss moving you to a broadband-only service which will then allow you to port your number to a new VOIP provider.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 22

Go to solution

Thank you @NeilO 

Matt@BT_Value informs that whilst porting an active number will result in a broadband cease, there is an option to renumber or cancel DV within the post 14-day cooling-off period.  In either instance my cherished landline number vanishes into the ether!  The only alternative option would have been to port whilst copper attached and loose broadband connectivity until replaced with a Full Fibre service without DV.

Time for reflection.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 22

Go to solution

Why do BT have to make something so simple so bleeping complicated!!!

Message 17 of 22

Go to solution

probably because all their systems are based on your phone as everyone with a BT account had a phone number but not now and I like many no longer have a phone number which causes problems on some of their systems.

The sooner BT start relying on account number and not phone number the better for everyone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 18 of 22

Go to solution

You mean BT move into the 21st Century, whatever next.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 22

Go to solution

It's an openreach system BT use, it'll be their issue not a BT one & would work the same with any openreach supplier

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 22

Go to solution

Then they all need to get into the 21st century, particularly Openreach who's systems seem to be operated by clerks with quill pens.

0 Ratings