cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 34

Re: Question about Digital Voice

BT hasn't had any Indian or Philippine callOld Telephone.jpg centres since 2019, they're 100% based in mainland UK & Ireland.

As for call-back & redial I was merely pointing out that if telephone technology didn't move on we'd all be using one of these.

It's very difficult to give specific advice without knowing your exact telephone installation & how it's used, & personally I've found it difficult to work out, but we all try our best to help. 

The main thing is that there will be someone who can sort everything out for you even if does cost you a few quid.

I follow Harry Callaghan's advice which is "a man (or woman in your case) has got to known his limitations".

I'm good at technology but not so good at replacing toilet flushing mechanisms so I pay to get them replaced.

I'm a returner to this forum, having been with Plusnet for 10 years & I was on their forum during that time, but those forum members do their best to help, as do the members on this one & there's no such thing as asking a silly or annoying question.

All questions are equally valid, I'm an interested dabbler in telephone technology while other forum members are experts.

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 34

Re: digital voice PAYG charges

Jane, 

Would you not be better going with BroadBand only and then looking at VOIP lines for the other users in the house? 

You don't have to go with BT's Digital Voice, there are other options avialable. 

Just a thought.

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 34

Re: digital voice PAYG charges

I am very grateful to all the comments and feel I am making progress in my own slow way. Yesterday I have for the first time in many decades have moved the landlines so I only have one telephone for the home number in my office. Even that was a big shift. My doctor father even when I was tiny in the 1960s had a phone upstairs by the bed as he would often be on call in the night. I rarely use the upstairs phones so realised it was silly to keep them. It means I suppose that if a burglar comes in at 3am and cuts the power I cannot call 999 from the bed side phone but that hasn't happened in decades here so unlikely to happen and even with Digital Voice if I want to have a landline up there again I can sort that out once BT send me the modem and put broadband on that calls only telephone line.
0 Ratings
Message 34 of 34

Re: Question about Digital Voice

I think I am on a positive roll now in getting more advanced with telecoms. Today my XLINK BTHB arrived which in a few seconds has paired an old corded landline to my mobile - it is life changing for me almost as someone who needs the physical corded phone number my chin. it is nothing to do with digital voice and I will still keep my 2 landline numbers but it is progress and combined with removing all landlines except those in my office is a good next step.

My next stage is going to be having about our 10th attempt at boosters of wifi signal as ultimately I don't want to pay for 2 separate BB accounts 2 flights up on the left and downstairs on the right - we have tried all kinds of things for over 10 y ears including blue things you plug into the electrical sockets and my son set up cable from upstairs old BT home hub directly into computers in 2 upstairs rooms which obviously works fine but even with all that the main dining room where my daughter sometimes works from home has such bad wifi she cannot do work Teams calls.
0 Ratings