cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Re: BT Smart Hub 2 DECT

Thanks for the information on connecting to the DECT of a BT Smarthub 2. I have a FTTC at the moment and when I connected my DECT phone I couldn't make a call. I suspect that is because I only have FTTC, though if the hub is capable I don't see why BT don't enable it? I use a old BT Freestyle 7xxx series DECT Phone (I think they work better than their newer phones - though they miss some facilities) so it might be an issue with versions of DECT but I haven't heard of any and I'm not a DECT expert).

Did your Siemens DECT work correctly once the Full Fibre was connected.

You mention using the socket on the back, I was told it was just for Digital Phones (IP Phones?). Although as it has a standard BT socket it would have been unsafe if it wasn't compatible with a standard phone? Whether it is enabled or not is another matter, I might try it.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I moved your post to start your own thread as other was old and marked solved

do you have DV? you can check by going to hub manager then looking to see phone number and if greyed out there is no DV as it needs to be blue.  socket on back of hub will not work until you have DV

once you have DV you can then connect your existing phone base to socket and back of hub and will work as before

the FAQ may help

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Digital-Voice-FAQs/td-p/2207485

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the information on connecting to the DECT of a BT Smarthub 2. I have a FTTC at the moment and when I connected my DECT phone I couldn't make a call. I suspect that is because I only have FTTC and the DECT only connects to the VOIP? I did order a digital phone when I ordered the line but I was told that it would stall the order so I removed it. Also with all these power cuts its useful to have a analogue copper line for emergencies using an old phone., though if the hub is capable I don't see why BT don't enable it? I use a old BT Freestyle 7xxx series DECT Phone (I think they work better than their newer phones - though they miss some facilities) so it might be an issue with versions of DECT but I haven't heard of any and I'm not a DECT expert).

Did your Siemens DECT work correctly once the Full Fibre was connected.

You mention using the socket on the back, I was told it was just for Digital Phones (IP Phones?). Although as it has a standard BT socket it would have been unsafe if it wasn't compatible with a standard phone? Whether it is enabled or not is another matter, I might try it.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@cwl 

You've responded to an old post on an even older thread. 😉

Once you switch to digital voice you have two options with your existing phones. Plug the base unit into the back of the SM2 & use all of the current features. Depending on the age of your handsets you may also need a microfilter in the SH2 socket to enable ringing. Or register the handsets directly to the DECT in the SM2 & just have basic handsets.

0 Ratings