cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Re: Digital Voice - Cannot receive all incoming calls (Very frustrating)

Same problem here. Before forced to have DV - never had a problem with calls. Now that we have , many calls do not ring /connect to the hanset - randomly some do. Obviously do not know how many are missed.  Info:

1) Handset is 2mtrs  from a BT disc and approx 2 mtrs below Router.

2)  Wifi Reception is very good - used wifi analyser

3) Laptop , tablet and  PC were all connected fine with no issues during the 2 times I have been able linking time of inbound calls  with friends/family

4) Checked Router logs around the time and can see no obvious errors.

5) Corrective action after which I gave up trying to find the problem was to  reset the Handset, 2nd time remove batteries & reset - worked for a few days then random no ring/connection again. Have power cycled the router (even though every device we have (31+) works fine) 

6) Aksed as many of our friends / family to call us on our mobiles as DV is unuseable / totally unreliable

7) have used VOIP at work  - various manufacturers - and they were all reliable - none were BT .

😎 NetScan does not show a device I could associate with the handset (assuming the Handset has a unique IP addr) 

Have tried chat to BT and called in the past. Tried again today - after 30+ mins wating for both times , have given up - useless.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Re: Digital Voice - Cannot receive all incoming calls (Very frustrating)

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

@maxiheed 

I have moved your post to this new thread, as the old one was marked as solved, so you can get personal help from the community or moderators, so please watch this thread for updates.

Please read the FAQ, as the phones use DECT not wireless, so the discs will not extend the range.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Digital-Voice-FAQs/td-p/2207485

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Thanks keith didn't thiank about Dect . Marc.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@maxiheed 

If you were using a phone system before DV, and it was plugged into the phone socket on the wall, then simply plug it into the phone socket on the back of the Smart Hub 2, and it will work just as it did before.

The DV handsets do seem to have issues, mostly with range and faulty batteries.

Message 6 of 6

Cheers - will try that. Marc.

0 Ratings