cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 13

Re: Digital Voice - Cannot receive all incoming calls (Very frustrating)

My old analog phone rings & I am able to receive an incoming call. 
The two DV phone do not ring, their screens remain blank & there is no incoming call registered.

My DV phones are not plugged into a BT DV Adaptor.

I received my two DV phones in November, 2022 ( yes 2022) a BT engineer paired them up to my router, which is a Smart Hub 2 , advised me to leave them plugged into the charger & that when the change over occurs my DV phones would be ready to go 🤦‍♀️. Not that simple. 😱

My router is in a cupboard, in November 2023, via a text I requested from BT an adaptor ( not really knowing if I needed one) I received a text reply informing me there was a delay in send out the adaptor, they would send one out to me later.🤷‍♀️ I have to date not received the said adaptor.

My DV phones are with charging pods that plug into the wall via a three point plug, there are no other sockets within these charging pods, they are simply for charging purposes. I think my DV phones are the BT Essential Cordless phone.
      This is so annoying I am not technically minded, I find this very stressful, BT are not handling my situation at all. 
    Thank you 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 13

Join the ever expanding club Pauline. I too am in a similar boat and finding it very frustrating. I`m in my 70`s and on my own, and can do without all this bother. Why bt have to fix something that was not broken is hard to understand. 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 13

Unfortunately the old system is broken, although as an individual user you wouldn't be aware of it.  Current telephone exchanges are life expired and are becoming increasingly difficult to maintain, hence the change.

When I was first using a telephone, you picked up the receiver and a nice lady asked what number you wanted and put you through. Life evolves.

0 Ratings