cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Re: Digital Voice - Cannot receive all incoming calls (Very frustrating)

I switched over to Digital Voice today, ( 19/02/24) I am able to make out going calls, but unable to receive any incoming calls, from mobiles or landlines. 

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

@PaulineBrown240 

I have moved your post to this new thread, so you can get personal help from the community or moderators, so please watch this thread for updates.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

@PaulineBrown240 

Sounds like what happened to me, which is still not sorted out 2 weeks later. If you haven’t already, I’d suggest to report it to BT on 150 asap and be prepared to have to invest lots of time in trying to get it fixed and don’t be surprised if it takes weeks to resolve.  Obviously, I don’t know if mine will ever be sorted. I hope you have more success with it than I have had so far.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Hi @PaulineBrown240

Welcome and thanks for your post!

I am sorry for the problems you're having receiving some calls since your move over to Digital Voice.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

This is no help to those on this thread but for those of us not yet moved over it is probably going to be wise to be the last to move over if we can so as much is sorted out as possible. Lots of people call me landline to landline from all over the place every day and mobile to my landline on a number I have had since the 1990s via BT.   I see there are so many problems that  pre-digital phone line option is now being offered to some to 2030 - https://vimeo.com/842850474/975ce1616e?share=copy (not applicable to me as I just have landlines and no emergency alarms or that kind of thing).

I think there were 4% non responding customers ( to the DV move) in Salisbury. I certainly don't want to be an early adopter of DV in London. Good luck to those trying to get the service working.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

@Jane2018 

On the other hand, by the end of 2025 all customers need to be on DV as the old system is being decommissioned. That may lead to a huge number being moved over at once as late adopters, making it even more difficult for BT staff to resolve an avalanche of issues. Who knows?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

@PaulineBrown240 

Hi again.  Have you had any success getting this fixed, because it sounds like exactly the same problem as mine?

One of the moderators from this community messaged me today saying he has taken ownership of my case and raised it with an "escalation team" so I'm hoping mine will be fixed soon.  However, I've had my hopes up before, so not counting my chickens just yet.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

I can now receive incoming phone calls on my landline ie my original phone however the two DV phones I have are not responding to incoming calls. These two wireless phone are paired up to my router. I can make out going calls on these two DV phones however they are not receiving incoming calls.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

When you say your DV phones are not receiving calls, do you mean that they are not ringing with an incoming call, or that they are ringing but when you answer the call you can't hear anything?
If the former is the case, it may just be that your DV phones are failing to ring. If these phones are plugged into BT's DV adapters, try plugging them in via an old filter unit (the ones you previously used to separate broadband from the analogue phone signal)
These filters are not needed to do any filtering for digital voice, but they contain a capacitor need for some older phones to ring.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

@PaulineBrown240 

So how did you get things sorted out so that incoming calls work? What was the problem and what was the solution?  Are you able to receive incoming calls from lots of different networks (BT, O2, Vodafone etc)?  

Sorry for all the questions but your problem sounded so similar to mine. I’m hoping I can learn something from your experience which will help me to get resolution.

I hope you manage to get your digital handsets working too.

0 Ratings