cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Re: Phone showing International calls

Go to solution

I am having a similar issue. When I make calls from my Sipgate voip phone to any BT landline number, they show as international and I receive the international ring tone. Calls to mobiles and other Sipgate VoIP numbers are fine. I have raised this with sipgate and they inform me that BT know of this issue and I need to also raise it with them. Any ideas of how to do this? It started happening approx 6-8 weeks ago

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Go to solution

@greg59 

Are you a BT broadband or phone customer 

Your problem does not appear to be the same as other posters on this thread 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Hi, no I am a sky telephone and broadband customer, however the response I had from Sipgate was that it was a BT issue, I can provide a copy of their response if it’s helpful. I  have plugged my VoIP phone into a BT router at a friends and the issue is the same. I have spoken to sky and all they have done is arrange for a BT openreach engineer visit today, and as I expected, he was not able  to assist. He has however put the issue on an internal forum to see if anyone knows who to contact in relation to this.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

@greg59 

As this is a BT Retail Customer forum, please post on the Sky User Forum.

https://helpforum.sky.com/

Thanks

BT Openreach do not exist, its just Openreach.

This BT Retail forum has no connection with Openreach.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks, but unfortunately sky just say it’s a BT issue, so I’m stuck in the middle of no-one wanting to assist.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Sorry but this has nothing to do with BT Retail and  you need to keep pressurising sky maybe use the sky forum link posted

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

@greg59 I don't think this is related to your broadband provider either, it sounds more like a routing or prefix issue that Sipgate will need to resolve for you. They may need to work with Openreach to get this fixed but it's not something BT Consumer can help you with.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks Neil, I have been told by both Sipgate and Sky it’s a routing / call identification issue within the BT network and that BT have acknowledged there is an issue, however, getting to speak to someone in BT not being a BT customer is proving impossible and getting it fixed I suspect will be just as difficult.

Greg

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

@greg59 it will be impossible as BT customer services can't assist you with this type of problem. As your provider is Sipgate they will have contacts within Openreach to raise such issues if it indeed is a routing problem.

If they are telling you to contact BT to get this fixed you're being given the wrong advice and you will need to pursue this with Sipgate as they are your telephone provider.

Thanks

Neil