cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Re: Summer Time Setting keeps going back 1 hour?

I have the same problem, I have tried 5 different sets of phones, ALL do the same, I read that the time must be set manually not callerID, I can't find a way to do that on my phone (BT Advanced phone Z), any ideas?

EDIT

Just thought I would be clever, set the time an hour later than current time, called the phone....guess what, the time went back to an hour before the current time, this is very DOO DAH.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

@DavidAndrew 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Residential phone and broadband customers.

Who provides your phone service?

Any manual time setting will be overridden, once a call is received.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Hi, thanks for your reply, its clever clogs here again (not), I had a whizz of an idea, I didn't set the time, Mmmm, sort that out I thought, called the home phone, ended the call, and guess what, the time was set to 1 hour before....Oh you know, so is there an answer, or, what, BTW I'm with Jurassic fibre now but still prefer BT hand sets.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

@DavidAndrew 

The time is set by the information contained within the CLI (Calling Line Identity).

That means that Jurassic fibre have their information set to GMT and not BST, which is why any manual setting is overridden, no matter which phones you use.

You need to report the problem to Jurassic fibre, and ask them to apply the correct time information to the CLI. Its most likely a setting on one of their routers, probably Cisco routers.

Its nothing to do with the phones.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Thanks again, I am going to call them first thing tomorrow, the bit I find most annoying (nothing to do with the OP) is, I call home, leave an answer phone message, hang up, the home phone/answer machine gives an engaged tone, I cannot call again because its engaged, and the only way to stop it is to manually press the "STOP" button on the base .

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

That is another issue that they need to resolve.

Their equipment should have automatically disconnected the incoming call when it ended, allowing the answer machine to stop recording.

This would mean that the line would not be engaged.

Its called First Party Disconnect.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Thank you very much for your knowledge , Its a bigger help than you realise, again this will be passed on to them.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

I get the impression that many of these alternative fibre only providers, are not really interested in providing a phone service, as it has no added value, and complicates their network, as they have to provide interconnects with other providers.

Providing an ATA interface to support analogue phones, and presenting them with the correct line conditions, must be difficult. Much easier to provide their own IP phones which connect via Ethernet, and provide network based voicemail.

0 Ratings