cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Registering a BT Advanced Digital Home Phone

Go to solution

Although I have no intention whatsoever of using it for calls, I bought it just to see what it looked like in comparison to the photos of it & I've found out, via another thread, that it can be used to switch off the multiple call function which I will do.

I've attempted to register it tonight with no success despite reactivating the hub's WiFi.

Is my assumption that the SSID & password have to be the same as the hub's original SSID & password before I changed them when I installed the mesh system correct?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Registering a BT Advanced Digital Home Phone

Go to solution

It requires the BT Smart Hub 2 and connects via the Hub's built in DECT receiver rather than WiFi.

You can check the status of it's connected to the DECT receiver via the Hub's web gui (http://192.168.1.254)

https://www.bt.com/help/landline/digital-voice--how-do-i-set-up-my-service-

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Do you have an active digital voice required for registering the phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@jac_95  & @imjolly 

Thanks for your replies.

Yes, it's a Hub 2 & I have Digital Voice with my package.

I reset the hub & disconnected the mesh system & it registered immediately but as you say, its  DECT so maybe it was a fluke that it didn't register the first few times.

Anyway I've changed the line to single call & disabled call transfer as there's only me in the house.

The phone can now go back in it's box, never to see the light of day again.

0 Ratings