Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: Removal of old master socket

Go to solution
Spoiler

@400 wrote:

If I may add, the last safety course I did, we were told to consider any voltage dangerous, reason being not know state of persons health, pacemakers, shock across body etc. Meter it. Don't touch it.

I understand that once you are fibre, going back to copper wont happen? Wholesale have my address now as copper only by exception (not sure what that is). Removed my box, plastered over the wall box.

Gosh I better watch out next time I'm changing the 1.5v AA batteries in my kids toys!

Message 12 of 18

Go to solution

@gg30340 

It is a worth while comment when you don't know who is fiddling away.

I will leave it at that.

Goodbye.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

Go to solution

Ridiculous elfin safety without common sense is the ruination of this country.

Message 14 of 18

Go to solution

@400 wrote:

@gg30340 

It is a worth while comment when you don't know who is fiddling away.

I will leave it at that.

Goodbye.

It was not a worth while comment when it was known what cable the OP was talking about. 

I will leave it at that.

Goodbye.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

Go to solution

Thank you for all the replies, I was primarily concerned with the fact that if there is a charge still present in the wire I would be cutting off and leaving in the wall, would this be a potential fire risk in any way? Many thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 18

Go to solution

No, but if you are that worried, simply tape the ends with insulating tape.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

Go to solution

I may be a bit late i replying but you are able to  request Openreach come and remove the mastersocket and line if they are no longer needed.

We switched to  fibre and no longer use the copper line.  I contacted OR via the form and they called me and arranged an appointment to come and remove the mastersocket and copper line to the house.  There was no charge and it was very straightforward.

a llink to the Openreach form 

https://www.openreach.com/building-developers-and-projects/altering-our-network/altering-our-network...

There is a thread on the ISPreview forum where several people have also done this 

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/talk/threads/removal-of-old-bt-copper-cable.39610/

Message 18 of 18

Go to solution
Put a Wago/a connector on each wire and bury them or those Acorn thingies. It's not 240v 13A.
0 Ratings