cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Removing 1571.

Go to solution

How can I remove the service 1571, which I gather is an answering service. When I first switched to digital voice my original answer machine message on my phone worked fine just as it has always done. However, now, when people ring they just get a standard message, which doesn’t really tell them that they have reached me. Can I disable it? Will this then allow my phones recorded message to work as previously?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Removing 1571.

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi Keith,

Yeah, I was trying this last night, without success. Ended up going in ever decreasing circles, so I gave up. This morning, I managed to get onto the page and set the digital voice answer to 10 rings, then I changed my answerphone to 6, instead of auto. That seemed to do the trick. However, following that, after over 20 attempts I finally managed to complete the process and switched off tge digital voice answer service and set it to simply call protect. I thought I’d never get there; Safari kept reporting that either the site address was invalid or that it couldn’t load it, sometimes right at the beginning of the process, part way through, sometimes to the last page but one, before failing. Drove me nuts! Hopefully now it will continue working as I prefer it, ie. using my phone’s own answerphone. 👍😊

I don’t know why BT changed things, as originally, when we first got digital voice, my phone and answerphone all worked as previously then, suddenly it stopped doing so. Weird. 🙁

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

These posts are very useful to me as later this year we will be moved to Digital Voice. I pay BT currently for their 1571 service which has my recorded message on it which I want to preserve so I hope BT tell me exactly what I have to do to ensure nothing changes when I plug my corded landline into the back of  a new BT hub they will be sending. I just want nothing to change and apparently I will need to continue to pay for the BT ansaphone message if I want my bespoke one, after the changeover so given I have to pay for it I hope they make a default setting that it will continue to work without my having to do anything never mind anything complicated.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

If you want the customisable version of 1571 once you are on DV , you will have to record your individual answer message again on DV ( making the change from the free basic version to the premium paid for version) these are two separate systems ,  is no crossover/connection between the two  , it’s also likely you will have to arrange cease the paid for PSTN version of 1571 , preferably just before migration to DV otherwise run the risk of continuing to be paying for it on the old system whilst on the new.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks. I need to start a list of the tasks I need to do once digital voice happens. Hopefully the corded landline has the same superb quality as now so no new phones needed. It sounds like a new hub comes and probably a new code to log into the wifi may be? Then this 1571 step/stage where I think I will leave whatever is the default on both separate landline numbers under digital voice for a week or two until digital voice is working perfectly and then see about buying 1571 (hopefully the 1571 charges to both of my landlines will be removed if BT is going to stop them working as it cannot have its cake and eat it)  Then I will decide if I want to get back the specific recorded message on each line and pay or not.

Many thanks for your help. I don not think I will cancel anything just before DV starts as I would rather pay double for a month or so than mess it all up as I am so worried about the changeover anyway.

0 Ratings