cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Second line with Digital Voice?

I work from home and used to have two standard lines. Now have moved house and have a single home DV line. Can I get another one for work easily and cheaply?

Not sure if this even possible.

Thanks

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Second line with Digital Voice?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Just order it. It won't be cheap though, it will be standard price.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

@miguelsanchez 

DV does offer multi-call as standard, but both numbers are the same, if that is any use?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

The obvious solution is to port the ‘business’ number to a regular VoIP provider and use it alongside the  DV number ,  only the DV number accessed by the port on the hub , the other number as a standard VoIP service, using an ATA or whatever,  if the business number can be any old number , the VoIP provider could  supply a  phone number themselves ( rather than porting your existing business number , assuming porting is an available option ) 

If you wanted 2 separate ‘lines’ both on DV , you  would need 2 broadband services.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

For over 25 years I have had 2 landline numbers to our house (not on digital voice ) and I pay for 2 broadband lines - about £100 each line a month.

My siblings is in a much faster area with FTTP and has much faster internet and very recently because of so many of them working from home, students doing exams from home etc got BT to add FTTP on her home landline too so she now has FTTP from two separate companies and pays twice but as with me it is as important as air and water as we need the lines for working from home so worth the payments.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

VOIP doesn't use a lot of bandwidth, if wanting a home and business line you might find it cheaper to leave DV behind, most companies will give you a discount for a second or third line.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

With a Gigaset 300IP you can run DV and a regular VoIP together which is what I do. Separate rings for each line. When you dial you are give the choice of using DV or IP. Second line is from Voipfone. Costs £2-3 a month.

Message 9 of 13

Jane you just don't have to pay a hundred pounds a line each month purely for telephony.  That's simply bonkers!

I have a standard DV BT line with broadband and also a VOIP service on another number with A.N.Other provider which costs £5.99 per month including UK outbound calls plus international calls which cost me an additional 1p per minute at any time. 

RIC9380

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Jane as you are working from home am I right in thinking that you have two business lines into your property?
0 Ratings