cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Setting up Advanced digital home phone with fast fibre hub

I have got full fibre installed and also got a digital voice advanced home phone with the deal.

The hub is connected to the full fibre using the WAN connection, so the traditional broadband connection is unused.

The digital phone has registered with the hub but the displays the "Unable to make or receive calls" message. The suggestion is there is no Internet access, even though the hub and fibre are fully functioning with all my devices.

The help available simply seems to be for a standard non-fullfibre setup and suggests ensuring the hub is connected to a broadband input socket. I don't use that anymore as the engineer set everything up using the new fibre line into the house.

What do i need to do to make the phone work with my hub? 

20220917_210719_copy_756x1008.jpg

20220917_210727_copy_957x247.jpg

20220917_211251_copy_756x1008.jpg

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Setting up Advanced digital home phone with fast fibre hub

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Is the digital voice service ready for use? On a computer or tablet go to http://192.168.1.254 to check if the phone service is ready (if it is active you should see number in the box highlighted in red in image below). Clicking on the menu card will then show more information such as if the Digital Voice service is ready for use.

FaoSxWHXgAA3sSm.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

The phone tab is currently greyed out and "Not configured ".

I have not received anything from BT regarding this being set up or any configuration required.

My BT halo 3+ package has the following:

Digital Voice Home Phone

• My Anytime Calls add-on

Digital Voice Home Phone add-ons

• My Anytime Calls

Plus the actual digital phone as well but nothing regarding any related actions.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

It would appear that BT haven't configured Digital Voice service for your connection. Give the FTTP team a call 0800 587 4787

Message 6 of 6

When calling BT it would be useful to have the serial number of the ONT to hand to make sure it matches what they have on your record. A mismatch could be the issue & worth ruling out at an early stage.