Message 1 of 10

Silent Calls

I am receiving one-ring annoying silent calls on my landline each day at 3:54am, 9:54am, 3:54pm and 9:54pm with "No Number2 shown. Apart from disconnecting the phone overnight to avoid the early morning call, I don't know what else to do.  It is obviously an automated calling system programmed to ring every 6 hours. Has anyone else had this problem?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Silent Calls

Hi @TelReed, welcome back and sorry you're getting these calls. I take it you are still on the copper phone line and not the digital voice service. 
Have these calls only started recently?
Does the 1471 log the call time and number or say number withheld?
Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Hi John, we are still on copper wire.  I just tried 1471 as I had another one of these calls at 9:54am, and all I get is this horrible crackling sound. When I cancel the call - it rings again and says "Incoming Call", usually it says "No Number".

We've been getting some loud crackling when we try to answer some normal calls. I suspected the phones were at fault, so I have ordered some new ones - but now I am not sure.

It is very odd that I get these single rings precisely to the minute every 6 hours starting at 3:54am

Thanks for your help!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Hi John, we are still on copper wire. I just tried 1471 as I had another one of these calls at 9:54am, and all I get is this horrible crackling sound. When I cancel the call - it rings again and says "Incoming Call", usually it says "No Number".
We've been getting some loud crackling when we try to answer some normal calls. I suspected the phones were at fault, so I have ordered some new ones - but now I am not sure.
It is very odd that I get these single rings precisely to the minute every 6 hours starting at 3:54am
Thanks for your help!
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Hi John ! Since sending you my last message, I have tried ringing my land line from my mobile - and it rings out on my mobile, but not on the land line phone. I tried to ring my mobile from the land line and it just has this permamnent loud crackle and doesn't ring out. When I stop the call - I immediately get an incoming call with no number !
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Hi @TelReed,thanks for the updates. It sound like there is a fault with the landline so you would be best to either give us a call to report a fault or check out www.bt.com/faults and report online. 
Let me know if a fault is found.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

OK John, will report the fault
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

BT have confirmed a fault outside of my home and have engineers allocated to fix it - BUT it is targetted to be fixed by the end of Thursday this week !
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Hi @TelReed, thanks for the update and once the fault is fixed fingers crossed the calls will stop, but it is still pretty unusual about the timings of the calls. So let us know how things are after the fault is fixed.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

I hope so - I'll let you know. Thanks for your help !