cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Speech volume

Go to solution

I have the BT 4600 phone. Recently reset. Suddenly the level of incoming speech is very low and pressing the "amplify" button at the side during conversation does nothing. The ring tones are fine and adjustable but I can't see how else to amplify the speech. Any suggestions appreciated.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Speech volume

Go to solution

@Maurice2 

Are all handsets affected, or just the one?

If you press the green button again while you are on a call, can you hear the caller via the internal speaker?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
Spoiler
Thanks for your response. This happened on the one of my two handsets I used to answer the phone after the reset so I don't know if the other handset would be the same. Because I am fairly hard of hearing I would normally always press the green button twice immediately on asnwering a call to hear it on the speaker and must assume I did it this time but only on a repeat will I be able to now conciously and  actively confirm this,  and on both handsets.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@Maurice2 

This happened on the one of my two handsets I used to answer the phone after the reset so I don't know if the other handset would be the same. Because I am fairly hard of hearing I would normally always press the green button twice immediately on answering a call to hear it on the speaker and must assume I did it this time but only on a repeat will I be able to now consciously and  actively confirm this,  and on both handsets.

Unfortunately this is a known fault with these handsets, the earpiece fails with low volume. I have the same issue with one of mine, and its been reported before on this forum.

There is no fix for it, however if you press the green button once you answer the call, the phone goes to speaker mode, and you can hear the calls through the speaker, which is what you are doing.

If your BT4600 is still under guarantee, then you can request a replacement handset.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Maurice2,

Thank you for posting. If your handset is still under warranty. The Product helpdesk will able to help you get a replacement.

If your phone is within warranty:

By phone: 0800 145 6789

Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm, Saturday 9am to 2pm

By email: Click here for email support

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks for your response. I must continue monitoring on future calls to discover is the fault lies with me or with the handset.
0 Ratings