cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 34

Re: Summer Time Setting keeps going back 1 hour?

My BT4600 handsets on BT, work fine, and show the correct time.

It has to be an issue with the format of the CLI sent from your provider.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 34

Not had any problem with my BT 4600 handsets previously, and totally agree with your comment, but my Service Provider does not accept that the issue is with CLI format or information. They simply stated it is not an issue they have encountered and no problems with their Servers, but is my handsets at fault. No idea how to progress this, as Service Provider is not going to investigate further or attempt to fix any issues !!??  Thanks for confirmation that your BT 4600 handsets work fine.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 34

If you have dialogue with your provider you could try sending them a video of the clock being correctly set & then jumping back an hour as soon as a call is received. Other than that, it's a case of waiting for 27th October!

Just out of curiosity, are you on a VOIP service with them or still analogue?

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 34

Its simply that their CLI is fixed on GMT, whereas BT automatically adjusts theirs in accordance with GMT/BST.  

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 34

I would not go as far as to describe contact as dialogue !!  Classic long wait in queue, at a Call Centre and person was clueless, but spoke with Supervisor, but there was no real attempt to investigate or find solution, on their part !  Oh, they did suggest I would have to set time manually, which exactly what I explained I had done, but incoming call simply reverts it back to GMT ! 

Got to agree, it looks like solution will be October 2024 !!

I am not yet on VOIP - still on the old analogue at moment.

Thanks for comments .

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 34

Their CLI still being set at GMT is what I have tried to suggest to them, but they do not accept any issues on their part. Customer Service either do not understand or just have no intention of dealing with issue, sadly !

Thanks for comment.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 34

I don't know if this is the same issue as the original poster is having, but...

Since the clocks went forward, my Reminder Calls are out by an hour. E.g. if I set a wake-up reminder for 7.30am, it doesn't go off until 8.30am. I assume that the engineers in my local exchange have forgotten to adjust the time on the equipment there! How do I report this, by dialling 151? Or perhaps I should just stick a note through the exchange letterbox! It's also affecting Caller Display on my corded phones (the clocks on which are set by incoming calls, i.e. from the exchange, not by the user - i.e. me - on the phones themselves). 1471 is similarly affected (again, the announced call time on that must be exchange-fed).

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 34

I'm also having the same issue but I've got Business phone/broadband with Sky.

I've manually set each phone up individually. Correct date, correct time.... But it resets back to an hour previous.

Driving me potty. Would also like to see a fix ASAP. Tempted to return the handsets as only purchased a month ago. 

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 34

@Whiterose_uk 

As already established in the thread, it's nothing to do with the phones. You need to pursue it with Sky.

Message 20 of 34

I suspect most of these issues are the result of some providers moving to VOIP, and their routers are fixed to GMT as a global standard. There is no facility to change that, as it would probably involve major changes to router software.

The BT PSTN network always followed UK time, as the exchange software made allowances for it. As far as I am aware, BT Digital Voice also follows UK time.

0 Ratings