cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Text re number porting

Had this text today - 'Hello, BTC here.  We're now number porting' followed by a BTC ref which includes our home phone number.  The back story is we're in the process of being upgraded from fttc to fttp but the order is being held up because its waiting for some action from OpenReach.  The order includes upgrading to Digital Voice so I guess that's what the text is about.  Just hoping BT don't jump the gun and convert us to DV before fttp becomes active.  Anything I can do?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Text re number porting

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

do you have a SH2 as that is required for DV.  you can have DV with FTTC or FTTP - you just connect existing phone to socket on back of SH2 instead of master socket

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Yes, SH2 and ONT, just waiting for the ONT to go live.  Thanks for the advice on DV, from what you say I needn't be concerned about any possibility of losing the home phone temporarily.

0 Ratings