cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

'This number does not exist' when Sky phone customers try calling my number

I have the same problem others have had but can’t work out how this was fixed… Help?!  

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: 'This number does not exist' when Sky phone customers try calling my number

Have you recently joined BT AND/OR moved to digital voice?  If joined did you port number from previous ISP ?

Are you on FTTC or FTTP?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Hi, i joined BT from sky about 6 months ago and transferred the number across. Sorry but don't know if I am FTTC or FTTP, how do I tell? Cheers

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

do you have fibre to your home and a small openreach modem ONT or do you connect to master socket therefore FTTC.  do you have digital voice using SH2 as a base station or are phones connected to master socket?

has your phone ever worked correctly

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Fibre to my home and an SH2 base station. My phone works fine, it is others who cannot contact me if they are on sky, hence I presume this is something to do with number porting from sky?

Cheers

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

then phone FTTP TEAM 08005874787 and see if they can help sorting out what appears to be a porting problem

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Many thanks will give it a try

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Hi, I have the same problem when calling a BT landline from a sky mobile, i have contacted sky and they are looking into it, did you get sorted?
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Re: People on sky not being able to phone me

Hi, I have this same problem - BT regular helpdesk not able to help but they don't seem to be aware of a route to pass this to a team with deeper technical knowledge. Changed my sky sim, no help. BT phone working for all other callers just not for me on my sky mobile or sky landline. Any help much appreciated!! Cheers

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Re: People on sky not being able to phone me

Hi, @DDDD2022 I'm sorry to see you're experiencing issues receiving calls from Sky telephone numbers. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to get that looked into.

Neil

0 Ratings