cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: Unable to make or receive calls

Thanks for the reminder, I only just found out where to see and reply to a private message

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

If you have BT broadband and a SH2 router , then being moved unknowingly onto DV is a distinct possibility, obviously if that is the case you should have been advised of this , but as said , most ‘new’ BT Broadband customers who want telephony get DV if it’s available, and although you are not strictly a new customer, cancelling your old services may have required you to be provided as a ‘new’ customer,
There is a ‘phone’ port on the SH2 , try connecting a phone to it …if there is interrupted dialtone , chances are it’s on divert , if a modulated dialtone then a message has been left on the built in answer service.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

I tried plugging it into the DV port on the SH2 but it was totally dead, no tone at all.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

That sort of eliminates DV as the issue , so ( you would think ) that the BT customer service reps should be able to see that your account/line is ‘stopped’ , and would be organising the start/renumber to get service back….hopefully the Mods will get this sorted out if the regular customer service reps are failing , however I think the fact that you had copper pair for telephony ( probably only retained to support your  Call Sign service  ) with separate FTTP for broadband , is probably an unusual mix and has flummoxed the ordering system, it wouldn’t surprise me that to get your telephony service back it will have to be with DV on your FTTP and the copper pair ‘retired’ completely 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

Thanks, to be honest I would be happy to just get it moved over to DV if that fixes it. I'll wait to see what the mod team can do.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

Well the update is that after over 4 weeks with no phone line, a BT engineer managed to get a new number allocated to my line then once that was working he placed the order to get my original number back. That should have gone live yesterday but as per usual BT work, nothing happened. The BT engineer said they were working today and would call me to check things were working. He hasn't so possibly off sick as I've messaged him 3 times today with no reply.

To make matters even worse I got a text an hour ago from BT saying as I am getting a new line and Broadband, they will need to do a survey and that can take up to 30 days!. For goodness sake, my broadband is working fine and is on Full Fibre on a totally different line to the copper landline. Also why is a survey needed if I have a working line, just using the incorrect phone number.

At this rate I guess I am going to lose the landline I've had for 20 years and remember this is an issue caused by BT, I didn't put in an order for anything from them.

0 Ratings