cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Unblocking an incoming landline from Call Protect Blocked Numbers

Go to solution

I am trying to assist my elderly neighbour who is in very poor health due to the Big C. Time is limited.

She has the BT the issued digital "Essential Digital Home Phones". Call Protect, and a Smart Hub 2 Router.

She appears to have inadvertently blocked her main carer's landline number via Call Protect. I don't think she is signed up to My BT. How can I remove the carer's essential number from the Call Protect block list ? I have exhausted the menu in the phones ( I have these too).  I know blocked numbers can be deleted from one's MY BT account and will have to create an account for her unless you can suggest an alternative easier method.  Many thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Unblocking an incoming landline from Call Protect Blocked Numbers

Go to solution

Hi @Newstarter

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

I am sorry for the problems your neighbour is having with Call Protect. I understand the situation and how important it is that this is resolved as soon as possible.  Have a look at the >> BT Call Protect - 'How to' guide << and let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi Robbie

Many thanks for your very speedy reply. 

I've read the Call Protect Guide but it doesn't detail anywhere, other than registering with My BT, whereby a blocked number can be deleted from a Personal Black List. This was very helpful.  You certainly cannot delete from 1572 and the handset.   

As I mentioned in my first post, I think the only way around this one is to register this lady on My BT, and then I can follow that menu (ie My BT/Your security/Digital Voice Security/Call Protect Manager/Your Blacklist/Manage). This then gives you a list of all blocked numbers with the option to delete.

One point to ask is - from memory this lady's email address used to be hername@yahoo.com I think. I'm not sure if this is still current or indeed if Yahoo is still current !!!  Does an email address have to be quoted to Register ?

Really an option to delete an entry on a Personal Black List should be available under 1572 but say with PIN protection.  Perhaps BT could consider this. 

Robbie, may I keep in touch with you on this one please if I have difficulties with the Registration ?  This issue needs to be resolved asap for the reason stated.  Apologies for taking your time up .

Thanks for assistance so far which is much appreciated.

Regards

Lester

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@Newstarterwrote:

You certainly cannot delete from 1572 and the handset.   

I don't have DV but P.18 of the phone manual says otherwise.

Where do calls I block go?
They go to your Call Protect junk voicemail. You can still listen to any messages moved to your junk voicemail and unblock any numbers that you need to keep. Just press [Call Protect] on the home screen and follow the steps.

If that's incorrect maybe turn off her Personal Blocklist temporarily?

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi Robbie

Sorry for the delay in replying to you. I tried everything to resolve the issue but alas no success.  I can find there is nowhere from the handset that a blocked call number can be subsequently removed from a Personal Black List. Page 18 in the manual refers I think to voicemail only. 

I rang BT on 150 and the chap there was really most helpful.  He said he was not aware that deletion could be done via the handset but only via My BT. As you know, this was difficult for me to setup on this infirm and very sick lady's account. So the techy guy deleted for me at his end after quizzing my own ID a few times!!!  

So the solution for anybody else is:-  Log into My BT/Your Security/Digital Voice Security/Call Protect Manager/Your Blacklist/Manage. There all your blocked numbers are listed with the option for you to delete if required.

Thanks again Robbie.  Cheers

Lester

0 Ratings