cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Urgent help please, 4 months ongoing issues unresolved, nowhere else to turn

I am desperately upset.

My Dad is a vulnerable 86 year old ex BT engineer of over 30 years. In January after an incident and on advice from Police we were advised us to get cameras. I actually asked for some info on here.

Ordered Broadband in order to get the cameras, they sent digital which wouldn't work. Re-sent different hub but CEASED Dad's phone in error and insisted he would not get his number back which he has had over 50 years.

I complained, Openreach got involved (I think Clive Selley may have helped as I copied him in), eventually restored the landline.

Then I had to reorder all the facilities for call protect, VIP, call blocking which is so important to my Dad so that he is not inundated with nuisance calls etc-every order took 3-5 days, many got stuck in one system, some got stuck in another system, some were cancelled by BT, some were re-ordered, some were never completed and this went on and on. In addition, Dad was being charged for all calls so an unlimited tariff was put on. Eventually most things were working but I could not get into the landline account, just got an error message  saying 'we are looking into it'. I thought it might be because of incomplete orders or the phone tariff but was told 'no'- 2 weeks ago  I was asked for access to the account, then I was locked out of email and account, eventually resolved. The error message was still there so it was passed to yet another Tech team. When I went back into the account last week there was again no landline showing yet the phone was working. It transpires that someone somewhere has deleted the account and there was no trace of my Dad or his address in any system...was being looked into. They have now decided to add a new account which I will not accept. It has not fixed anything because I cannot access anything, just says old account/new account. I cannot access anything because now I am deemed to have 'multiple accounts'.  I have spoken with BT and said you can't have staff deleting 50 year old accounts like that, just delete the new account and add the old account to my Dad's line, BT staff says he does not know of a way to do that. I said they can send a man to the moon yet there is not one person who understands BT systems and can fix the unholy mess they have made. 

So, sorry, it is difficult to summarise 4 months of issues into one paragraph and I cannot  put everything on the general forum.

Also there is no appropriate header, landline/account issues/Billing ?

Please please, can you help fix this ? 

I have been dealing with Executive Complaint department.  I have previously emailed 12 members of the Exec team but they do not even reply.

Robbie Mac helped me once before and I PM'd him but maybe he is away (or just busy) atm so I am putting it out on here.

Thankyou in anticipation for taking the time,

J

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Urgent help please, 4 months ongoing issues unresolved, nowhere else to turn

Hi @Joliz Thanks for posting, I'm really sorry about the problems your Dad has experienced with his BT services. @RobbieMac is off at the moment so that's why he hasn't responded.

Once a case is with the Executive complaints department it can't be de-escalated to the moderation team as it is already at the highest level in our escalation process. I will send you a private message so you can contact us with your Dad's details we can contact the executive complaints case handler and request that they get back to you.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Re: Urgent help please, 4 months ongoing issues unresolved, nowhere else to turn

Thankyou, the escalataions team have been passing to various tech teams who clearly cannot fix so I had hoped that one of you would know more, perhaps you can advise my contact in the escalations team-he has been trying but is stuck just as I am. I can give details privately if I can figure how to do it !  

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Reactivate old account

BT 'accidentally'  ceased my father's landline 4 months ago which messed up his account altogether.

The 'fix' is that they have now 'accidentally' deleted his account and tell me that there is no way whatsoever to reactivate it.

I mean the whole BT account, not emails.

I would like to know from the Tech savvy folks whether that is actually the case.....I am struggling to accept and process that and whether anyone else has experience of this.

Thankyou

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Reactivate old/deleted account

Reactivate old account

BT 'accidentally'  ceased my father's landline 4 months ago which messed up his account altogether.

The 'fix' is that they have now 'accidentally' deleted his account and tell me that there is no way whatsoever to reactivate it.

I mean the whole BT account, not emails.

I would like to know from the Tech savvy folks whether that is actually the case.....I am struggling to accept and process that and whether anyone else has experience of this.

Thankyou

Sorry if duplicated, trying to navigate message board

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Re: Reactivate old/deleted account

@Joliz 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.
Nobody here would be able to advise on that. You are already dealing with escalation team and the moderators, so you need to contact them.

Please reply to the Private Message sent by @NeilO and maintain contact with him.

0 Ratings