cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

We have recently upgraded to Full Fibre and now we cannot open our gate entry system

Recently been upgraded to full fibre.  Also upgraded our phones to Digital Voice HD to improve sound etc however

we used our old phone to open our gate entry system by pressing No 3, however this will not work on our new BT Digital handsets, it is a real nuisance. Can’t understand why or how we can resolve this.

Can anyone please help?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: We have recently upgraded to Full Fibre and now we cannot open our gate entry system

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Re: We have recently upgraded to Full Fibre and now we cannot open our gate entry system

have you tried the company who fitted your gate entry system as they should be aware of the change to VOIP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

@Wil1 wrote:

Recently been upgraded to full fibre.  Also upgraded our phones to Digital Voice HD to improve sound etc however

we used our old phone to open our gate entry system by pressing No 3, however this will not work on our new BT Digital handsets, it is a real nuisance. Can’t understand why or how we can resolve this.

Can anyone please help?

I really can't see how pressing 3 on a phone connected to the public exchange can possibly open your gates. As @imjolly  has said, you need to speak to whoever installed the gate entry system how they managed to bodge a system to work like that.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

On our old Panasonic Phones which were not digital this worked for all the residents who needed to answer the gate. It also works from our mobile phones by pressing 3.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Does it still work if you press 3 on your Panasonic phone or mobile rather than the digital phone?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

It seems more likely that a quick dial number is saved on your old phones and your mobile, and that calls a phone number which is connected to the gate somehow. Possibly a copper phone line, or mobile SIM card.

I guess you have to press "3" and hold it down for a short while, to dial the stored number.

If that is the case, then if you know the number that is called, you may be able to program it into your DV handsets.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

I’ve seen this kind of Gate Entry System before on a remote Farmhouse in Norfolk.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

If you press and hold 3 on your mobile does the mobile phone display a phone number? As mentioned it could be a stored number dialled. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings