cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Digital Voice

I currently have 3 handsets, do you only get one when you upgrade?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Digital Voice

@fizzicalwrote:

I currently have 3 handsets, do you only get one when you upgrade?

Hi @fizzical   Or carry on using your 3 handsets.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

But then you don't get the full benefit of Digital Voice?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

You get either 2 basic or 1 advanced handset

Message 5 of 8

Thank you, would my existing handsets be compatible with the new advanced one?
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

@fizzical wrote:
Thank you, would my existing handsets be compatible with the new advanced one?

Yes, just plug the base unit into the phone socket in the back of the hub. You can use the supplied handset(s) alongside your existing ones if you want.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Message 7 of 8

Hi @fizzical 

It is not simple to say they are compatible but you can use your existing 3 handsets together with the HD Phone giving you 4 handsets. New and old will not share contacts and you will need to be careful which system you are going to pick up voice mail.

I didn't personally mess about with mixing systems and picked up 3 extra Advanced HD phones with Alexa cheap from a well know auction site. You can also buy them new from BT.

BT Advanced Digital Home Phone with Alexa built-in (101806) | BT Shop

Message 8 of 8

@VeteranISPUser wrote:

Hi @fizzical 

It is not simple to say they are compatible but you can use your existing 3 handsets together with the HD Phone giving you 4 handsets. New and old will not share contacts and you will need to be careful which system you are going to pick up voice mail.

That's right, which is why I said "alongside". It's worth keeping at least one non-DV handset because of the danger of losing your contacts list if the router needs to be reset and you haven't faffed about exporting the list to a safe place.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.